AiSolve is partnership with four other European partners has been approved in the latest round of Horizon 2020 research projects from the European Commission, in the field of ICT. For this, AiSolve is collaborating with research institutes, government bodies and businesses throughout Europe. The total combined project value of close a million euros has been successfully allocated to our consortium.
PERGAMON involves the development of serious gaming applications that combine information from everyday healthcare-related, wireless sensor network devices and translates them into simple and useful user data, such as adaptive games linked to real time online interaction with a virtual coach. Our technical experts along with the rest of the partners aim to include applications in healthcare and one of the partners, the Gelderse Vallei hospital, Netherlands will provide assistance in real user testing. The project is led by Grifo multimedia from Italy, and the other partners are University Twente, Netherlands and Coventry University from the UK.
The main project objectives are:
- To implement and pilot test a gaming framework that helps the creative SME to develop pervasive serious games in an effective and efficient way
- To develop new emotional and engaging serious game concepts integrated with personalised user assistance by means of a Virtual Coach and Artificial Intelligent functions.
- To set up a flexible gaming framework that is expandable so that additional services can be added at any time
- To connect the creative SME with the business network operating in the serious games international market
- To facilitate strategic business alliances between creative SMEs and providers of leading edge ICT technologies.
The pervasive serious game framework will be built on the following components:
- A Sensor Network for monitoring the player by means of wireless sensors
- A Virtual Coach delivering personalised assistance to the player in the real life
- A Game Guide that adapts the challenges presented in the game and their level of difficulty to the data collected by the sensor network and to the user’s interaction with the game itself
- A Dashboard accessible through a web site
- A social and pervasive game dynamics that encourages players to engage in challenges of increasing difficulty.
The PERGAMON game framework can be used in various application contexts (healthcare, corporate training, education, government, etc) but will initially be implemented and tested for the empowerment of chronic disease patients.